A children’s author who was saved by an entire street after collapsing spread a little festive joy just before Christmas.
Nearly a dozen Hilton residents came out of their homes to provide life-saving aid to author Tim Millward by going for a defibrillator and bringing blankets and pillows when he suddenly collapsed on the street from the village of South Derbyshire.
He was then rushed to hospital where he recovered and then thanked the villagers for their help. It has not been revealed which street it collapsed on.
READ MORE: Hatton’s moms swap nursing care for sale of bath bombs and cosmetics
Last week, he launched a Christmas scavenger hunt that took place on Saturday, December 18, after spotting fairy doors around the village on one of his daily walks.
He organized a Poppy and Lord Ted scavenger hunt – named after his latest book – where he hung 20 Christmas baubles around the village of Hilton for children to find.
Fifteen balls included Poppy and Lord Ted fan club badges, chocolates and messages while five balls included a star prize of a signed copy of Tim’s book.
He asked the five lucky winners to bring their balls to TLC Bakery of Hilton on Saturday where he greeted them, signed their book and took a picture of the winners.
Mr Millward was walking with his partner, Rachel, at Hilton on Saturday, October 30, when he suddenly fell to the ground.
A member of the public alerted officers at the Hilton Police Station to the incident, telling them the man was suffering from chest pain.
The officer immediately radioed for emergency medical assistance and attended the scene, where he found Mr. Millward on the ground in his partner’s arms.
Over the next 45 minutes, with the support of nearly a dozen members of the public, Hilton residents came together to provide essential comfort and care to Mr. Millward, officers from the team said. safer area of the Mercia police.
A defibrillator was brought from the village hall. A walker has placed traffic cones on the roadway to alert other drivers of the emergency. And to provide warmth, several caring residents brought blankets, a pillow, and winter coats from nearby Hilton Harriers Football Club and homes near the stage.
Paramedics began emergency treatment at the scene and Mr Millward was taken to the Royal Derby Hospital for tests and treatment.
We offer a free email newsletter service so you can get the latest stories from all over Staffordshire straight to your inbox.
Every StaffordshireLive newsletter will contain the latest news from places like Burton, Stafford, Uttoxeter and beyond. There will be the latest breaking news, events and hottest talking points right in your email – and signing up is quick and easy. Click here to subscribe.
Decide later that you no longer want to receive emails? No problem – you can just follow the unsubscribe link.