News article | 11-05-2022 | 05:48
A. BASIC JOB DETAILS
Job title: Communications Officer
Mission: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Singapore
Duration of the contract: 1 year, with possibility of renewal
Number of working hours per week: 18.75 (0.5 FTE)
B. GENERAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands strives to provide high quality services, both externally and internally. The embassy’s main tasks are to maintain diplomatic relations, provide consular services, and support bilateral trade, investment, and innovation.
The Embassy is responsible for promoting the Netherlands in Singapore and Brunei. The communication strategy focuses on economic activities, innovation, sustainability and consular activities. The Communications Manager also organizes events and supports other departments when official delegations from the Netherlands visit Singapore. The use of social media and contact with the press play an important role.
The Embassy is looking for a seasoned and versatile communications professional with a proven track record who is proactive, flexible and service-oriented. He/she will collaborate as one team with the other departments covering economy, politics, public diplomacy, culture, consular and general affairs.
- Responsible for all communication and media activities while liaising closely with the Ambassador and other departments;
- Maintain relationships with various news agencies, journalists and other media companies;
- Write articles for local media, prepare interviews and write speeches;
- Collect, write and publish posts for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Embassy website, mass mailings and publications;
- Publish the Embassy newsletter and keep the Embassy website updated by regularly checking shared and local content;
- Measure the results and analyze the effectiveness of social media campaigns;
- Ensure that all external communications adhere to the Dutch government’s corporate branding guidelines.
D. TYPE OF EMPLOYEE REQUIRED
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude;
- Flexible team player who can work independently with a positive work attitude and collaborative spirit;
- Practical and curious person who takes initiatives and has a natural feel for matters that matter;
- Sensation of a diplomatic environment in a multicultural context;
- Includes Singaporeans’ perception of the Netherlands;
- Interested in public policy issues and challenges;
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail;
- Skilled networker.
E. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated knowledge: degree in (mass) communication or a similar discipline
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in the field of communication, journalism, marketing and/or social media;
- Strong and creative presentation and writing skills with editorial experience
- Resourceful with great problem solving skills
- Strong coordination and multitasking skills, able to work under pressure
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an important asset.
- Excellent use of CRM and Hippo CMS software or willingness and ability to learn how to use them.
- Excellent writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible team spirit
- Customer, service and results oriented
- Very pro-active
G. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The candidate will be:
- Employed locally by the State of the Netherlands, represented here by the Head of Mission of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
- Offered a contract of 18.75 hours per week.
Please note that the Embassy cannot provide residence permits as this is a part-time role.
For more information please contact:
Interested candidates are invited to send an e-mail, containing their cover letter and CV, before June 6, 2022, to: [email protected]
J. SELECTION PROCEDURE
The selection procedure includes interviews and a written test. Where skills are equal, priority is given to internal candidates.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.